v

Monday, May 02, 2005

When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...

I've been waiting for an excuse to use one of my favorite 80s movies quotes as a post title, and lo-and-behold, what should sneak up on me and nail me in the back of the head like a Biff Tannon sucker punch but MIT's first and only Time Traveler Convention. It's times like this that I really wish I still lived in Boston, because if I were there this weekend, there is no way in hell that I would miss this thing. The best quote from the site, which basically takes the form of an FAQ, has to be the following:

Can't the time travelers just hear about it from the attendees, and travel back in time to attend?
Yes, they can! In fact, we think this will happen, and the small number of adventurous time travelers who do attend will go back to their "home times" and tell all their friends to come, causing the convention to become a Woodstock-like event that defines humanity forever.


So if you're not going to be in Boston this weekend, I'd keep an eye on the news to find out if mayhem ensues when hundreds of thousands of time travelers hit MIT to get stoned and dance around in mud!

5 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Blogger EmoRiot said...

"It's times like this that I really wish I still lived in Boston, because if I were there this weekend, there is no way in hell that I would miss this thing."

Don't you see, silly? You don't have to miss the Time Traveler Convention - just hope their work there is productive, while meanwhile purchasing a DeLorean and digging out your old Huey Lewis cassette tapes. You can go to this convention at any point in the future.

Make sure to bring a photo of yourself so you can verify that you and your family aren't dissapearing. Otherwise, you won't get Back To the Future!

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger seth f said...

True, true. But I kinda' would like to be there on the first go round, when I'm in the proper time frame, you know? Plus, when I'm travelling time, I may be too busy chicken racing to go to any convention.

And by the way, I don't care so much about time travel - where's my damn hover board!?

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Bug said...

I dunno ... time tourists will either be one of two things.

1. The future's megarich. Old stinky men who smell like old stinky men will show up because they've gotten jaded on space tourism and want something else to drop wads of cash on and fill their empty lives. Or ...

2. Human whales from the midwest. Time travel becomes so accessible that there's a Time Booth at every NASCAR HoverRace in the midwest. As such, scores of sunburnt, hairy-shouldered wads of Transfat Sapiens will show up looking for portapotties and souvenir t-shirts that read "I ate the Wormhole."

I will happily stay away.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger seth f said...

Your second scenario is genius.

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger EmoRiot said...

Since I have nowhere else to put these nuggets in life and since this is a post about language, I have two things to go over.

1.) New most hated dumbass word: prolly. As in, I want to go down the shore but I prolly should do my school work. Have we slurred our speech so much that people don't know the word is "probably?" Prolly want a cracker?

2.) A while back some of us started making a list of words that sound dirty but aren't. The list wasn't long - one word, in fact. Dongle. A dongle is a computer security device... but it sounds like a deadwood-worthy word. Finally, I have a new addition to the list. Scrod, a type of fish.

That's all. Thanks for letting me blog within your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home