v

Friday, April 29, 2005

Friday music reviews...

So I think that on Fridays, I'm going to try to throw up a review of a CD or two that I've given a listen to during the week. Generally newish stuff, although not always. For this week, I'm going to tell you about Boogaloo to the Beastie Boys.



Recipe: take two parts Beastie Boys, one part organ player, one-elevenths a part of a P-Funk player and three parts studio jazz musicians. Mix together in a wok and stir-fry on medium heat for about 70 minutes. If you dig funky jazz, regardless of whether you care one lick about the Beastie Boys (but if you don't love the Beastie Boys, shame on you), then you will totally dig this CD which consits of 11 tight instrumental jams on Beastie Boys tunes, including classics (such as Sabotage, Integalactic and Brass Monkey) and some lesser-known tunes as well (such as Shadrach, Something's Got to Give and Cooky Puss). At times funky, at times fusiony and at times downright swank, it's a great background disc for those boring days at work or sexy nights at wherever you choose to have your sexy nights.

My only complaint, which is a petty one, but of something you don't often see, is that the order of the tracks as listed on the CD case is entirely wrong. Odd.

So my rating system is simple - I either likes something or I don't likes something. This I likes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home