v

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

So much goodness tonight…

Tuesdays at 9 is the best overall timeslot on TV right now and the three shows that make it such a gem of a spot all give us their season finales tonight.

First, The Amazing Race presents its 2 hour finale. I, for one, am rooting like a motherfucker for Rob and Amber, although I wouldn’t be heart broken if they came in second behind Uchenna and Joyce. However, I hope Ron and Kelly are done at the next Pit Stop, earning themselves a solid third place. This is mainly anti-Kelly sentiment, as I am pretty indifferent to Ron. But Kelly is a terrible person, as she confirmed with her comment about Ron not being committed because he left the Army early by becoming a P.O.W. Balls to that, and balls to them.

Second, we’ve got the season finale of Scrubs, the second best sitcom on basic television (and likely soon-to-be the best sitcom on basic television because, in a world I do not understand, it seems increasingly unlikely that Arrested Development will be returning this fall). The word is that one of our beloved docs will be getting assigned to a new hospital and perhaps not returning next season. My money is on Dr. One-of-the-Beckeys. She’s cute and I’ll miss her, but her character doesn’t do much for the show. Plus, maybe that would open the door to bringing back Heather Graham full time! Hoofah!

Finally, we say goodbye to Veronica Mars tonight. Last week, we finally learned who raped her, only to learn that it would’ve been more appropriate to replace all the “rape” talk with “incest” talk. If I may be so bold as to make an entirely inappropriate comment, which I think I shall – if my half-sister looked like Kristen Bell, I wouldn’t think twice about committing the taboo. But that’s just me. Anyway, this week the show’s biggest mystery comes to a head as we learn who kill't her best friend. For a long time, I was thinking Lily was done in by her half-sister scrumping brother during an epileptic episode, which is exactly where the writers wanted me to go. But now they seem to be setting up dear ol’ Logan. But I think Logan’s too obvious a choice now. And I think the shady hidden camera stuff from last week will ultimately lead us to a final clue – I bet there’s a tape with something juicy on it. I have no idea who killed Lily, but I can’t wait to find out. For all of you not watching this show, you should watch it next season, because it’s a fine program (and UPN has better sense than Fox, knowing when to renew its own little critical darling, even if the ratings aren't optimal).

Thank goodness I own two Tivo's....

4 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Blogger Bug said...

Both The Apprentice and The Amazing Race have their season finales during a week where I have to work ridiculous overtime hours.

I might just say "nuts to them all" and go home at 9 tonight. I just have to make sure that I'm Johnny Productive up until then.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Bug said...

Johnny Productive shouldn't be spending his precious time at timesucker.org or whatever the name of your evil little laziness-inducing blog is called.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Bug said...

And he certainly shouldn't be posting comments.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Bug said...

Let alone four of them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home