v

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Cannonball Read II - #0 - An Exercise in Futility

I used to read books all the damn time. Like they were going out of fashion. But particularly in the last two years, not so much. I want to read more, but I work so much that when I come home, all I want to do is veg. And watching the TV or surfing the internet is generally more mindless for me than reading, and so I just don't wind up reading very much. I probably average about four or five books a year and I'm like six months behind on the two magazines I subscribe too. S'fucking sad.

But screw it - for the next year, I'm going to try to read more. And my motivation is the impending Cannonball Read II: In My Pants. Read fifty-two books, write fifty-two reviews, one year. So not only do I think I'm gonna read the books, but I also think I'm going to write the reviews. ...I'm an idiot.

Nevertheless, I'm resurrecting the old Time Sucker blog, something I haven't posted on in over four years, since right before I quite the law to go make my fortunes on the internet. (That worked out fucking splendid). I expect that pretty much nobody will be reading this - except for poor Nicole, who decided that tracking 70+ bloggers' rambling book reviews for a year was a good thing - and that's probably a good thing, because Vegas has officially set the over/under for the number of books I read and review at 8.

Get busy reading or get busy dying!

2 Comments:

At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Nicole said...

Vegas may have put the over/under at 8, but I'm sticking with my original prediction of 5.

Go get 'em, champ.

 
At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Nicole said...

You read the book; write the damn review.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home