v

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Live 8...

As you may have heard by now, there is going to be a 20th anniversary version of Live Aid this summer, called Live 8 (so named after the G8 summit in Edinburgh, Scotland). While the original Live Aid was only in London and Philly, this one adds shows in Berlin, Paris and Rome, although Philly and London will still have the two biggest shows.

I still have very fond memories of the original Live Aid. It provided me with my first real awareness of the idea that folks in other countries didn't necessarily have it as good as I have it here, and it brought the notion of "globabl issues" into my mind. Of course, it was also my first exposure (via television - even though I was in Philly at the time, we didn't make it to the show) to live music, and I've really never been the same.

Somewhere, my folks still have old VHS tapes of the whole Live Aid concert, which would probably be fantastic to pull out and archive onto DVD one day. Sounds like a little project for the next time I head home-ways....

1 Comments:

At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ceymick. Great blog, particularly this thing about Live 8.... I'm working on some similar projects myself. You have some good ideas but unfortunately I'm struggling to get started. I've got an interest in the new live 8 dvd but ultimately I want to do something more personal. Anyway, keep up the good work, I'll drop by again for another visit soon. Bye.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home